What to Expect on Your First Visit
The first visit will consist of a consultation to diagnose the tooth you have been referred for and give all treatment options. This diagnosis will be achieved through a combination of systematic tests in conjunction with a few x-rays. Additional x-rays (to what your dentist has already taken) are often needed in order to best treat your tooth and allow standardization from the first visit to the follow up to monitor healing. In addition to this, your medical history will be reviewed to make sure that it is safe to proceed with treatment. Often times we will be able to begin treatment the same day as the consultation.
There are some instances where treatment will not be started the same day as the consultation. Examples of this include:
- A medical history that requires a consultation with your physician
- Patient is taking coumadin or Warfarin where recent INR values cannot be obtained from the physician office
- The need to place on antibiotics to help clear up infection so that we can better anesthetize
- Patients who have been scheduled as a consultation only. If a patient is having significant pain we will make all efforts to start treatment the same day.
Please make sure to bring the following:
- The referral form your dentist has given you
- A list of the medications you take
- Your insurance card to help provide you with the best estimate of what your insurance will cover
Medical forms can be filled out online prior to your first appointment. Please call our office at 919-615-3755 to obtain the information necessary to log in.Patient Login
Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian for their appointment.